Tuesday 20 March 2012

Olly Moss

Olly Moss is a graphic designer that I have only really recently discovered. His work, I find, is exceptional on many levels. What stands out for me most of all from his work is the intelligent input that has gone into every piece, from the Star Wars posters above, C3-PO's eyes are made of the 2 suns that the planet orbits, the centre of Bobo Fett's mask is made from an iconic building within the films, and part of Darth Vaders mask is formed from the tree branches. It is the clever details like those that I really appreciate about Olly Moss's work, the way he manipulates iconic moments from a film/game to form the posters is ingenious. Even despite this however, his work continues to surpass in terms of typography, colour and texture. The Wolverine piece below for example, first of all has another superhero in the picture (Batman) showing how he manipulates the shapes excellently, but the colours and textures just fit really well and make the piece stand out. It is due to this sheer talent that he has been given the privilege of designing the logo for the Playstation 3 game, Resistance 3. In terms of briefs I have at hand, I really feel I have drawn some inspiration for my Little White Lies brief, however I will continue to research other artists to increase my wealth of inspiration.


No comments:

Post a Comment