Tuesday 13 March 2012

Briefs

I have now been given a series of briefs to choose from to complete by the end of the academic year. The first brief, the mandatory brief, is to design a logo for the 'Newcastle Medical Photography' department at the RVI. There was not too many specific guidelines to follow, other than, trying to avoid a photography based logo as they have seen plenty of those ideas. Other then that, we are free to do what we want, within reason. Initially I did not find this brief all that appealing as I did not intuitively have any initial ideas. As a few days have passed, I have a couple ideas now in my sketch book, both worthy of development unless I think of any other ideas.
I also have 3 options for my second brief. The first being, creating sticker packs for a new ipod/iphone app called Cupples. The idea being that the couples purchase these sticker packs and send these between each other. We were informed that these could be themed, named and drawn by us.
The second brief was for BadBoy clothing, a company who is a major sponsor for the UFC. The brief was to edit there logo using textures, while keeping the layout and symbols the same. We also have to redesign their clothing lines, which involves changing where their logo is situated on any of the clothes they produce.
The final option for this second brief is to choose a brief of our own where we can find one, wether this is from friends, businesses we can contact or by looking on sites such as D&AD.
I believe I have found a brief that I have found more appealing to me on the D&AD website, to design a front page for Little White Lies magazine, showing the main character from 1 of 5 of their favourite films. These films consist of Drive, Black Swan, The Tree of Life, Super 8 and Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy. For me, I find the Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy cover the most appealing, while Black Swan would also be amazing, I have seen a lot of different work based on that film. Straight away I have a few ideas for the front cover that just need to be put into my sketch book as scamps.

No comments:

Post a Comment