Friday 2 March 2012

Alvaro Tapia Hidalgo

Alvaro Tapia Hidalgo is an artist I have recently discovered. 
His work caught my eye due to its sheer visually striking appearance. From what I have seen of all the artists I have looked it, Hidalgo's work has an abstract unique quality about it. Clearly, what makes these images stand out most of all is the perfect combinations of colours he uses. From what I have seen, he tends to favour a more pastel blue, and when coupled with a jet black background, the foreground images are emphasised. Between the sharp defined edges and shapes and the rough, gritty textures, the juxtaposition of artistic methods compliment one another greatly throughout all of his pieces. While all of his work seems to follow in a similar vein, a variety in the content of his work is apparent, this method and style of his works with horrific images to small animals.

No comments:

Post a Comment