Tuesday 12 March 2013

CV-Update

In preparation for my interview on Friday 22nd March for my top-up year in Creative Practice so that I can achieve a full BA Hons in Graphic Design, I felt it was necessary, as I need to provide one, to update my CV.
When working on my D&AD project, I said from the beginning, I wanted my piece to be something that I could show to a potential employer that both shows that I am available for employment and some of the skills I possess. During that project, I looked at creative CV's and found that many of the them, however designed and illustrated they maybe, were still, generally, sheets full of text. So I thought, what is the point in saying on your CV all the skills you possess, anyone can say that, why not instead, SHOW the skills you possess within your CV.
As such, when I found out I needed to provide a CV for my interview, I immediately thought, why not use my D&AD piece for the purpose it was designed for. As a result...
...I created this. Only slightly different from my D&AD piece, a bit of scaling and moving here and there, the addition of some details but the point of my D&AD piece was that it would not need to be altered very much. From here, I shall be working on, what is essentially, my first draft of my portfolio in preparation for my interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment