Monday 15 April 2013

Self Branding Logo

My logo

As part of my portfolio, I felt the need to make my own personal logo the very first page, however, it needs to be re-created. Based on a piece I had created in the past out when I was bored, I created the base shape at the top of my logo. This piece was created in Illustrator using the pen tool, ellipse tool, offset path and rotate tool. Honestly, the process is quite simple, only half the design needs to be made, the other can be reflected. The result however, I find to be quite a complicated looking, but aesthetically pleasing. I then hunted around for a font that would work well with this construction. Eventually I stumbled across the font 'Speakeasy' which is the font you can see above. After spending a great deal of time working with alignment, structure and kerning of the text, I eventually settled with this final logo. My intention for this logo was to have it placed on the first page of my portfolio. Seeing as the portfolio is selling myself, it only made sense to me for my logo to be the first thing anyone looking through my portfolio should see. This will spill over to more then my portfolio however, this will be placed as the header for my blog, will be going on my business cards and, if I get around to making one, will go on my website.

No comments:

Post a Comment