Monday 1 April 2013

HEX logo Final

HEX logo
After taking some time to step away from my logo development, I came back with fresh eyes and took another stab at developing this logo into a successful piece.
HEX logo 4
My first attempt took my second logo idea across to photoshop to for a hand rendered re-working. The idea of the overlapping characters still appealed to me at this point hence my pushing of the idea. However, during the construction of this logo I ran into several problems, the most crippling being the lack of legibility of the text when it was all black. After adding the white stroke (by hand) and taking a step back, I felt that the logo had become far too busy, if presented small anywhere, I feel it would become unrecognisable.
HEX logo 5
In the hopes of solving this issue, the only solution I could think of was to take a step backwards and remove the white stroke again, then rearranging the characters so that they  remained legible. Despite this solution however, my overall feelings towards this logo remained unaltered.
HEX logo final
I soon felt that my feelings towards this design idea would be incorrigible and so decided to revert back to my original logo idea, this time however, rather then spending hours searching for a font that would work, I took it upon myself to create a suitable font using the Graphics tablet. After spending some time trying to get the style to match that of the mask design I soon settled on the italic upper case type that you can see above. The type works well with the tiki mask, because they were both made by my hand and so share the same sketched effect. By extension, my future illustrations for clothing should work well with any logo placement I do and will match the brand.

No comments:

Post a Comment