Monday 22 April 2013

Portfolio update

After receiving some much needed criticism from tutors and peers I decided I would spend some more time focussing on my portfolio layout and order. Fortunately, not a great deal was suggested to be changed from what it was. First of all, it was recommended that I did something about the white border around my final pieces. The crop marks I had added gave my final pieces a thin white border. It was suggested that if I was going to use a white border, it should be much thicker, perhaps and inch or two. Rather then this however, I decided to remove the white border completely. This gave my pieces a much cleaner, bolder look, making each piece large enough for anyone viewing my portfolio to see my pieces is full detail. 

It was also suggested that I did something about my packaging brief. It has previously taken up two places in my portfolio, using four final designs. This project is arguably the weakest in my portfolio and so, did not justify taking up so much room. To resolve this I removed two of my designs and filtered this project down to one page. After which I also aligned my final outcomes somewhat more concisely.

Finally, I needed to place my newest brief in my portfolio. I feel that this is without a doubt one of my stronger pieces and adds more variety to my portfolio, but it also more accurately resembles the type of work I prefer to do.

In the end I am pleased with my final portfolio. It starts and ends very strongly, and each project in there holds there own with a place in my portfolio. The order in which they are placed gives my portfolio I smooth flow when looking through. Each final piece is placed large and in high quality so that each detail can be seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment