Tuesday 17 April 2012

Targets 10!


Now that the Easter holidays are over, I am pleased to announce that I successfully managed to complete my To Do List. In the last week I complete some more research towards the project by looking at Juxtapoz magazine covers. I also managed to create some initial layout ideas, looking different ways to present the content of the cover. These layout covers were designed based on the idea that the cover would have the four characters that bared the titles of Tinker, Tailor, Solider and Spy respectively. Therefore my layout ideas focused mainly on separating the page up into 4 parts.
Scan 1 Scan 5
Scan 6Scan 3
Scan 4
As you can see, I have tried to be somewhat diverse with my layout ideas while try to work around the Little White Lies header as well as giving each character a similar amount of space. Unfortunately, after looking at them all, it seems that none of the characters really have enough room where, once my illustrations were made, they would be recognisable.
Due to this realisation, my targets for this week are as follows=
  • Complete more research on magazine covers, in particular, look at previous editions of Little White Lies magazines.
  • Create some new/develop some initial ideas based on what I learn after looking at previous editions of Little White Lies magazine covers.

No comments:

Post a Comment