Monday 16 April 2012

Juxtapoz

Juxtapoz-Cover-May2012-ElMacJuxtapoz-Cover-May2012-Swoon
As part of my research for my Little White Lies Brief I felt, after look at the two artists, Matt Gondek and Olly Moss, that I should now focus my research on magazine covers in order to gain better insight into layouts and content. Looking at Juxtapoz gave me an excellent, refined sources of inspiration.
First of all, layout. Juxtapoz magazine covers do not seem to follow a specific layout except for the header. The header has remained the same for the past few years with only the colours and artist names changing. For my brief however, I do not need to worry about the header as it is provided in the exact place the client wants it. From what I have seen, most of the images on the Juxtapoz covers seem to be in the centre of the page, however, other then that, there seems to be nothing in particular that can be point out about the layout of the content.
Juxtapoz134-Mar12-Cover
The content of Juxtapoz magazine covers seems to be primarily focused on catching the eye as they display wonderfully bright pieces of graphic design, street art and photography. It is on this level that I have gained a lot of inspiration. Looking at Juxtapoz magazines, I feel strongly that I should experiment on making the content of the cover eye catching and now focusing heavily on the layout of the magazine. So long as the header stays where it is supposed to be, I should be alright when it comes to the layout.

No comments:

Post a Comment