Tuesday 28 February 2012

Brands

The first step I have taken in the attempt to create a brand for myself has included researching some logos and ideograms by other artists. There are some common features that recur thought a lot of the logo I came across. First of all, a lack of colour appears to be quite a popular trait, as you can clearly see from all the above logos. In most cases this gives the logo a cleaner crisper appearance, where as in other cases it seems to be the only option as colour would simply ruin it.
Another feature I noticed, particularly from the Matt Gondek ideogram in the middle, is that often, the logo helps to show the style of the artist. Matt Gondeks' work for instance tends to look very sketchy, hand rendered and focuses heavily on wrinkles and creases. This is something I would like to replicate in my brand logo.

No comments:

Post a Comment