Tuesday 29 January 2013

Digital Skills-Week 3

Moving on from Photoshop, our next digital skills lecture covered the basics of Illustrator, using the pen tool, selection tools, stroke and fill, gradients, shapes, and importantly, the difference between Vector and Pixel images. Vector being images that do not change quality when scaled due to them not being made up of pixels.

Fortunately for me, I feel much more comfortable in Illustrator then I do in Photoshop, especially with the Pen tool which took up the vast majority of this exercise. Unlike the previous exercise, placing the image in situ took the addition of a few more technique that were previously taught in Photoshop. Using the warp tool I could bend the image to the shape of the page and using clipping masks and gradients I could add a shadow and lighting effect to make the piece look more realistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment