Tuesday 22 January 2013

Digital Skills-Week 2

This week in my digital skills sessions, we looked at layer masks, the useful rule of 'White Reveal, Black Conceal' (even if it is rare I remember that the correct way around), gradients, adjustment layers, the pen tool, blending modes and the warp tools.
Clearly I was not overly focused on the actual aesthetic outcome of this exercise, I more used this to acclimate myself with some of these unfamiliar tools. Using clippings masks, I was able to arrange the different photographs of people in this overlapping fashion. The gradients are fairly self evident, and the adjustment layers came into play when reducing the saturation of the photographs. Using the pen tool and the brush tool I was able to create the heart shape, despite being pretty unsuccessful, that process definitely has potential the more practice I have with it.
Using the skills we had learned from the previous exercise, we were tasked with replicating a piece of work one of the lecturers had prepared with the added task of using the transform tool to try and place it in situ successfully. This was a great success for me, not because I am pleased with the end result, but more that I was able to recall the skills I had recently learned and was able to apply them in a practical exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment