Thursday 26 January 2012

Research Task 2- Alan Kitching

I am now very much a fan of Alan Kitchings' work, mainly, for the chaotic aspect, but also because he as managed to create many different and beautiful pieces of work. While this work is on the opposite end of the spectrum to Lance Whymans' more minimalistic approach, I feel this diversity of inspiration has only worked to spark my imagination that much more. I have managed to draw much more inspiration from Alan Kitchings' work, due to the massive variety of ideas has has presented. This variety has given me more motivation to try experimenting with very diverse ideas in the early stages of my project, in order to cover as many possible ideas as I can. I also believe I should experiment with printmaking further into this project, and depending on how successful that proves, perhaps integrate it into my final idea development  If printmaking does not prove to be a useful endeavor then I should at least attempt to integrate textures into my text to what results they provide.

No comments:

Post a Comment