Tuesday 17 January 2012

Mini Brief-SYNC

Sync 2
This brief was given to us from Newcastle university, unlike the staff bistro brief there was, albeit only two, some requirements for our logo designs. First of all, the text 'Sustaining Future Research' had to be part of the final design. We also could not use colours such as reds, oranges and greens, we had to use light, pastel colours. Without meaning to sound like I am making excuses, I felt, as the time of this brief, that I was experiencing some sort of creative drought, I simply could not think of any interesting or diverse ideas and so I finished this idea, which was frankly the best of a bad bunch. There are some points to this logo that I do like, such as the tracking of the 'SYNC' to the edges of the tunnel within the box. At this point, I felt that my major weakness was a lack of skill in both Photoshop and Illustrator, being  totally new to these products at the beginning of the year left me still unsure on how to navigate each of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment