Tuesday 8 May 2012

Targets 13!

Scan 18
Scan 19Scan 20
Scan 21Scan 22
As you can see, I was quite successful in the completion of my final sketches. That is not to say that it was not a stuggle. I beginning my creations with the sketch of the charcter George Smiley, at the top. The main issue I had to deal with during the entire week was that, when I was sketching in my sketch book, my fine liners were very tempermental, eventually just not working on the paper. This caused me to start several different attempts at the first character, eventually having to scrap the attempt as the pens refused to work. This set back cost me quite dearly. I then thought that I might as well try to complete the sketches on my printer paper that I have at home, and luckily, the pens worked perfectly and so I was able to complete each piece of the pieces of printer paper and then simply stuck them in my sketch book. In order to save both time and ink, for the other 4 characters, seeing as I would only be using part of each portrait, I felt it necessary to only the draw the corresponding sections. Natutrally, even though I would only be using a quarter of each portriat, I drew alittle bit more for each portrait just to be on the safe side.
Even though, as I have previously mentioned, I have not drawn portraits properly since mid 2011, I am very pleased with how these portraits have turned out. From the moment I saw this brief, I very much wanted to create a piece that had illustration heavily involved as it appears to be a rarity in graphic design and I have yet to recieve a brief that has allowed me to do so, and therefore I feel that this brief allows me to show off another aspect of my skills.
By next week, I plan to=
  • Complete the fonts that I will be using on each cover. I will be creating 2 different fonts for the title 'Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy' that will be placed at the bottom of each poster. Some experiementation will be needed as I am not certain what path to go for, but I plan on trying to use a font that bares similarities to the rest of the cover.
  • I will also begin the creation of my final pieces, getting both documents prepared, ready for the rest of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment